Thursday, August 2, 2012

about process and present

So I guess I almost forgot how I enjoyed the process of every event in my life. I used to cherish all forms of surprises, regardless where it might lead me – happiness or grief. And today I was just reminded to stick to what I have at this moment when one of my 5 year-olds raised his hand and randomly said, “Miss Monica, we need to wait for 2 weeks before a cocoon turns into a butterfly” as we finished singing ‘Butterfly’.

Just because it is unseen, doesn’t mean it stops progressing. As the cocoon metamorphosing into a beautiful creature, it completes whatever task it needs to perform each day. No complaints, no hesitance, no worries about turning into something else or not being able to change at all.

Learnt from the cocoon, here’s the list of things I did today:
- Took the last bus ride with a dear colleague who’s moving to another campus.
- Popped up at a friend’s place, gave her a goodbye hug before her departure tomorrow morning.
- Had char kueytiaw for dinner, which I haven’t had for about a year.
- Finally, wrapped up this day with forgiveness. Yes, a decision to forgive could be the sweetest gift you give to yourself. It might not affect the other party, yet it totally makes a big difference in your daily life.

The moon was full last night. And the sky was crystal clear. Perhaps the moon is still full tonight, but its light is covered with the haze, thus looks less bright and pretty than last night. I’m glad I paused and enjoyed it for a while last night. I’m grateful that I took time to run my ‘errands’ today. Instead of worrying about what tomorrow may bring, I hope people I mentioned above were reminded of how special their presence are in someone’s life. At least in mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment